Here we are on the cusp of another new year!
I woke up, cared for the kids, did my hair, and put on some makeup over nap time! Feeling confident with a shade of lipstick I’ve never worn before just for new beginnings.
There’s so much excitement wrapped around new beginnings. This is when everyone sets new goals and often those goals and aspirations trickle off by the end of January when life’s to-do lists overtake our mind. However, I can assure you, if you really take the time to put your goals first, it can be done. This is not to say hard days won’t surface, because they will; they always do. Keeping your head up isn’t always easy when drowning in grief but I’m learning to swim harder day by day.
2018 was a year of learning to live with grief, and self growth. That learning continued to follow me well into 2019 as I began a new adventures having a second child!
My goals for 2019 were to begin stepping outside of my comfort zone and begin to do things I’ve always wanted to do while making time for the kids and time for myself.
- I managed to keep not one, but TWO children happy and growing! It’s hard to believe Gabriel will be a year old in just a few short days.
- I maintained straight A’s in college and am now just a mere 4 classes from completion.
- I lost 20 pounds and am now halfway to my goal!
- I started piano and voice lessons- something I have always wanted to do.
- I opened my heart and home to a relationship that inevitability failed and that’s ok. From that failure I grew even more and will not make the same mistakes again.
- I started organizing my craft room and doing crafts in my spare time.
- I started going out more with friends and even on my own which is a stretch but has proved to be worth it.
- I even had the confidence to ask a guy to dinner which I NEVER do. Nothing to report on this front but the act of actually asking was a HUGE deal for me.
- I began a project that that will hopefully aid in making my 2020 the brightest one yet….those that have known me, know my strong passion for singing. With my vocal coach and the help of a few friends, I am working toward another bucket list item.
- I already have a trip planned in 2020 and I am in a good place. It’s been a long time since I have felt this good but it refreshing and motivating.
I am ready for 2020 and the continued growth, learning, and adventures it has in store for me. I will not let 2019’s failures hold me back from opening my mind or my heart from opportunity and I refuse to let my self doubt hold me back from the things I desire most.
I woke up today knowing it was the last day of 2019 and looking forward to my first ever New Year’s Eve party. It’s taken 32 years to celebrate a new year outside of the home and I figured it was a good time to reflect on my accomplishments, places for improvements and remind myself that a little lipstick goes a long way.
Here’s to 2020! May you all be blessed with the best!